Ryan Houmand | The Best Possible Solution TA036
Ryan’s Bio: Ryan Houmand is the Co-founder of Qwerke (http://qwerke.com). Qwerke builds the world’s most engaged, high-impact organizations. He has over 20 years of experience in management, the majority of those years with a Fortune 100 organization. He has experience managing virtual teams in diverse geographic locations. Ryan holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics from Brigham Young University and an MBA from the University of Phoenix.
He is an elected member of his local community council and has been an active member in community projects such as planning for bikeways in nearby canyons. Other volunteer work includes, Junior Achievement, Best Friends Animal Society, and People Helping People. During the winter, Ryan teaches snowboarding at Park City Mountain Resort. Ryan lives near Salt Lake City with his wife Jennifer Loomis and has four kids ages 24 to 17.
Episode 036 Show Quotes
* Activator gets things started, Achiever gets them finished
* StrengthsFinder is a great tool that enhances what we’re already good at and makes us exponentially better
* StrengthsFinder can get you in the door, but your sharing previous experiences is what makes people listen
* The meaning behind the name “Qwerke“
* Q12 is different than other employee engagement surveys — focuses on employee needs; used as a benchmarking tool
* Do you feel that your position is mission-critical?
* Engagement drives every other meaningful metric: productivity, profit, customer service, retention, and workplace accidents
* Managing Millennials is a challenge for many companies
* Harder to change if you don’t learn to tilt and pivot
* Aim strengths in a way that helps the entire community
Links & Social Media:
* Qwerke Website www.qwerke.com
* Qwerke on Facebook & Twitter
* Gallup’s StrengthsFinder Coaching kit https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/Purchase/en-US/Kits/
* Q12 Employee Engagement Survey https://q12.gallup.com/public/en-us/Features
* Salt Lake City “Save Our Canyons” http://saveourcanyons.org/
* Gallup’s StrengthsFinder app https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/home/en-US/mobile
* Beckie Jorgensen http://www.unleashstrengths.com/ta026
* Junior Achievement https://www.juniorachievement.org
* JA City in Salt Lake City http://ja-utah.org/programs/jacity
Sit back, relax, enjoy, and as always…STAY ADDICTED! If you listen to this show on iTunes, be sure to leave us some positive feedback. Follow this link to transport yourself directly to the iTunes review page for THEME-ADDICTS.
Thanks for everything! ~Andy Sokolovich
P.P.S. We are always looking for feedback on the show. If you have an idea or suggestion, please forward it on to me. It’s the only way we can ensure our listeners are getting the best product possible!
*Click on each Talent Theme listed below to view a short video description*
About The WOO Warrior