How to Use Social Media for Business | T4C003
How to use social media to promote your business!
Social Media? What is it?
According to Wikipedia: Social media is the social interaction among people in which they create, share or exchange information, ideas, and pictures/videos in virtual communities and networks. Why should I use it for business?
Hubspot.com reports that 80% of users prefer to connect with brands via social media.
Social media site and how to use them
Is Facebook better than the rest? —> Pros/Cons
How to Setup a FB Page for Business http://www.bentbusinessmarketing.com/infographic-reveals-how-to-setup-a-facebook-page-for-your-business/
How often should I post/spend time on FB?
- Dimensions — Profile 180×180, Cover 315×851
- Tools to create images (Pic Monkey, Canva) http://www.bentbusinessmarketing.com/howtousepicmonkey/
- Fiverr.com for cheap graphic design options
- Watermark Images
- No more than 20% text on images
How to make someone an admin of your FB page
How to promote an event on Facebook
140 characters or less! Can you really say enough?
- Why is twitter good for business?
- How often should I tweet?
- Link shorteners (goo.gl)
- How many people should I follow, and is it necessary for me to follow back every new follower I receive?
- Advertising/Promoted tweets
- Additional info about twitter
www.Instagram.com –>What is it?
- Great for posting images (training sessions, TOP 5 signs, group photos)
- It’s growing in popularity
- Video is now an option, and you can turn off the “Auto play” feature
- “Different” gets noticed fast! Post images that are eye-catching
- Use hashtags—> sparingly *Define hashtag and what they do
- Advertising now available (Facebook user info is used to generate ads)
Isn’t that site just for arts and crafts? What is “pinning” anyway?
- Users share visual images from the web, by “pinning” them on to a series of virtual PinBoards
- A cool video on Pinterest marketing → http://youtu.be/AfyByLwiIe8
- install the “Pin it” button for your browser
- Integrates with Facebook and Twitter
- Watermark images.
- business.pinterest.com ← Helpful tips
- What type of stuff is your client pinning? Awesome marketing research tool!!!
But I’m not looking for a job?
- It’s not Facebook, but it offers some solid features that are great for networking
- You’re notified when someone has viewed your profile
- Integrate your blog
- Professional image? Yes or No?
- What type of content I recommend posting on LinkedIN
- Complete profile with all relevant professional experience (never stretch the truth!)
- Update often
Helpful Engagement Boosting Tips
- A conversation goes both ways
- Ask open-ended questions
- Reputation management/how to handle negative comments
- How often is too often to post?
- Schedule out your posts on FB. How?
Tech 4 Coaches was created to help coaches harness the power of technology in an effort build their business, share their message, and take one step closer toward ultimate success!
We are always open to new ideas, so if you have a topic you’d like us to discuss, or have a question after the show closes, please email [email protected] You can also give us a call at 815-441-2219.
Tech 4 Coaches is also available on iTunes! Be sure to leave us some feedback, and share this podcast with at least two other professionals who have a desire to learn more about leveraging the power of technology. It’s not going anywhere, so now is the time to embrace it!